torstaina, syyskuuta 15, 2005

George W Bush

This time he's done something right. I wish he'd continue his speech with action and pressured the protectionist EU politicians to get rid of protectionist policies.

"Today, I reiterate the challenge I have made before: We must work together in the Doha negotiations to eliminate agricultural subsidies that distort trade and stunt development, and to eliminate tariffs and other barriers to open markets for farmers around the world. Today I broaden the challenge by making this pledge: The United States is ready to eliminate all tariffs, subsidies and other barriers to free flow of goods and services as other nations do the same. This is key to overcoming poverty in the world´s poorest nations."

I hope that something good will come out of this, but won't hold my breath waiting.

Ei kommentteja: